Extensive support to caregivers providing children with stable, long-term family care homes.
We believe that children and families thrive best in a strengths-based environment. Families are at the centre of services and supports are collaborative, culturally sensitive, individualized and flexible. We are trauma-informed and attachment based.
What we do:
Thetis recruits, trains and supports family care homes to help children thrive in a permanent placement. The program provides a support worker who offers daily consultation and 24/7 support. Family care homes are provided with respite relief.
The program specializes in caring for children with a range of complex development and behavioural conditions. Each home is limited to one child.
In our experience, children grow, develop and have the best chance of success when they live in a stable long-term home. Thetis caregivers have completed the SAFE Home Study; Crisis Prevention and Intervention; first aid; and training in trauma-informed approaches.
You can expect:
- Intensive 24/7 support and ongoing comprehensive training for caregivers.
- A safe, supportive environment where the child can build trusting and therapeutic relationships.
- Individualized planning that supports permanency.
- An understanding of the child’s needs and strengths and how to support them for success.
- Links to other community resources and services.
- Services to support family development, well-being and cohesion.
- Where appropriate, children in the program will be supported toward reuniting with the natural family.
- Children to experience positive well-being, enhanced social skills and success at home, school, work, social and community environments.
- Close collaboration with social workers, mental health teams and schools, and other involved professionals.
Referrals are made through Ministry of Children and Family Development and Designated Aboriginal Agencies.
#1000 (10th Floor), 13737 96th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3V 0C6
Tel: (604) 434 9101