Support service for foster families of children with complex developmental and behavioural conditions.
We believe that children and families thrive best in a strengths-based environment. Families are at the centre of services and supports are collaborative, culturally sensitive, individualized and flexible. We are trauma-informed and attachment based.
What we do:
Family Care offers short-term support services for foster families of children with complex needs. The goal is to help to assess the child’s and family’s strengths and needs and support them through counselling, education and facilitated access to resources.
Depending on the specific needs of each child and family participating in the program, services
Clinical case management.
Residential support workers, who provide in-home coaching and support.
Parent education including the “CONNECT” foster parent group, an education program focused on attachment.
A therapeutic day program for children and youth to practice social and leisure skills.
Advocacy and support in accessing other community resources and services.
You can expect:
- An understanding of your foster child’s strengths and how to build on them.
- An understanding of your foster child’s needs and how to effectively support them for success.
- Individualized and family-centred planning for your foster child.
- A safe, supportive atmosphere where you and your foster child can build trusting and therapeutic relationships.
- Support, education and skills development on a wide range of topics that affect foster families.
- Support and access to other community resources and services.
- Interventions that help to strengthen families, increase resilience to adversity and stress, and promote healthy child development.
Referrals are accepted through the Ministry of Children and Family Development Residential Support Service Team or the North Fraser, and Support Team/Coast Fraser Region.
(Please download the PDF form in order to fill it out)
#1000 (10th Floor), 13737 96th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3V 0C6
Tel: (604) 434 9101