Childcare services for families of children 5 to 12 years of age.
We believe that children and families thrive best in a strengths-based environment. Families are at the centre of services and supports are collaborative, culturally sensitive, individualized and flexible. We are trauma-informed and attachment based.
What we do:
At The Children’s Foundation every child is a special child, recognized for his or her unique personality. We believe a child needs a nurturing, secure, comfortable and stimulating environment to grow. We foster the child’s imagination, curiosity and creativity in a caring, stimulating, safe and supporting atmosphere, prioritizing play as an essential part of learning.
Birchwood Childcare Services strives to:
provide a nurturing, comfortable, stimulating environment and enriching program for children to develop the whole self
provide opportunities for children to gain self-confidence and to develop self-esteem
provide opportunities for children to learn respect for self, for others, for the environment and to learn the value of co-operation in work and play
work in partnership with parents to meet the needs of each child
value our staff and respect their skills and commitment to their profession
You can expect:
- The program follows the legislated requirements developed by the Provincial Child Care Facilities Licensing Board
- Individualized and family-centred planning for your child
- A safe, supportive atmosphere where you and your child can build trust and meaningful relationships
- Program approaches will include play based, innovated learning and care approaches that are designed for the whole child
- The British Columbia Early Learning Framework will inform key features of the early years and primary out of school care programming
- Services are provided by highly skilled and qualified Early Childhood Educators (ECE’s) and Special Needs ECE’s, as well as School Aged Workers
- Staff are committed to the ongoing development and operation of the highest quality childcare possible, engaging in ongoing professional development
- Parent training that reflects diversity and is culturally-sensitive can be offered on a fee for services basis to families through TCF’s Sagewood Training Services
- Therapy and counselling services, individual or group can be offered on a fee for services basis to families through TCF’s Heartwood Family Services